DIY | Dogtag
Remember how I talked about my sisters new dog Cacao? I made him this cute dogtoy a couple of days ago. Well now I’m posting about a unique dogtag that I made him as well. It seems like a lot of work when you see the tutorial, but it’s actually very easy, I promise!
white shrinky dink plastic(I used the one that you can’t print on, because I have a laserprinter and it doesn’t work with this kind of printer); shiny mod podge; nailpolish in the color of your choosing; perforator; pencil and paper.
2. Draw the shape that you want your tag to be on a piece of paper. Remember that it will shrink about three times the size.
3. Place the shape onto the shrinky dink plastic and cut it out.
4. Make a hole in the shrinky dink plastic using your perforator.
5. Place the tag on an oven plate. And set the oven according to the shrink plastic instructions. Place the tag in the oven and wait for it to shrink. Take the tag out of the oven and let it cool of.
6. Paint the nailpolish on one side of the tag. Paint the other side with nailpolish and let it dry.
7. Measure your tag and open photoshop, paint or word. Use the rulers in the software to make two circles in the size you want. Type the name in one of the circles. And type the personal information, like adress or phonenumber in the other circle. Print the paper. Cut the circles out of the paper.
8. Grab your mod podge and glue the printed circles onto both sides of the tag. Keep applying several layers of mod podge onto the tag, to get a nice glossy coating.
If you don’t have photoshop, or printer, etc. You can of course cut a circle in the desired size and write the name on it by hand. You can use different handwriting fonts, to create your own unique look!