DIY | Fabric Flower Pots
My house has a huge garden and a balcony. My boyfriend already worked a lot in the garden and is now growing vegetables and it all looks really nice. So I decided to leave the garden to him, and start a balcony project for myself.
The balcony is pretty boring, it has a grey floor and some light grayish walls. So I decided to spice it up with A LOT of flowerpots! I went to the local thriftstore and bought about 10 boring and some very ugly flowerpots.
I spray painted them and applied flowery patterned fabric on them as decoration. They all look so nice now!
Want to restyle your own flowerpots? Here’s how:
– Pieces of fabric
– Glossy spray paint in the color of your choosing
– Mod podge + paintbrush
– Flowerpots ;)
1. Take some old flowerpots and put them on a piece of paper. Spray paint the flowerpots (I did 3 layers). Let the flower pots dry.
2. Apply a coat of mod podge on the area you want to decorate.
3. Cut out a piece of fabric in the size of the mod podge covered area. Apply the fabric onto the flowerpot and make sure that there are no bubbles underneath the fabric, I smoothed it out with my fingers rubbing up and down. Let the mod podge underneath the fabric dry
4. Apply two more coats of mod lodge on top of the fabric, with a period of time between the layers to let the mod podge dry.
Put some nice flowers in the decorated pots and you are done!