UPCYCLING DIY | Dress Shoe Restyle
I bought these shoes a couple of years ago for about 2 euros. I tried to spray paint them, but it failed miserably and I completely forgot that I had them, until I was cleaning out my closet.
I decided that I could easily restyle them with the help of some mod podge and nail polish. And this time the restyling project turned out great!
Here’s the DIY on how I restyled them:
Supplies: Old Shoes | Mod Podge | Brush | Piece of Fabric | Nail Polish | Scissors/Knife
1. Clean the shoes and cover your shoe with mod podge.
2. Place the fabric on the inside of the shoe and let it dry.
3. Apply a coat of mod podge on top of the fabric and let it dry. Repeat for a second layer.
4. Repeat the same process with the top-part of your shoe.
5. After everything dried, cut all the excessive fabric with a knife or scissors.
6. Apply the lightest color of nail polish first on the sole of the shoe. Let it dry and apply as many layers as needed.