DIY | Shrink Plastic Snowflake Necklace

DIY | Shrink Plastic Snowflake Necklace

DIY | Shrink Plastic Snowflake Necklace original
Christmas doesn’t just mean that you should decorate your house, you should also treat yourself to something pretty to wear!
And do I have the perfect solution for you! I am really fond of the the shape of snowflakes, and thought it would be perfect as a necklace. Combine that with some white shrink plastic and you are set!

And even when it’s cold and your are wearing you biggest jumper, you can still wear this little beauty!

Here’s how you can make your own snowflake necklace.
DIY:

Materials
– Shrink Plastic
Free Snowflake Template
– Scissors
– Perforator
– Chain Necklace

– Oven

STEP 1
– Download the Free Printable Template and trace the shape onto shrink plastic.

STEP 2
– Cut the shape out of the shrink plastic and use a perforator to make a hole in the top of the snowflake.
– Place the shape in the oven and follow the instructions on the shrink plastic pack.
– Hang the snow flake on your necklace

All done!

DIY | Shrink Plastic Snowflake Necklace
DIY | Shrink Plastic Snowflake Necklace

• truebluemeandyou 16th December 2012 at 6:06 pm

Love the simplicity of this necklace! Posted two finished photos on my blog with a link back to you. Also mentioned your tumblr blog.

• Lana Red 22nd December 2012 at 10:44 am

Thank you so much! And also for linking to my tumblr blog, you are the best! x

• Sasha 16th December 2012 at 9:13 pm

Ahhh! So simple and sweet! Definitely something to wear with the Crhistmas outfit! :)

• Christina 17th December 2012 at 12:33 am

I love snowflakes!! what an amazing DIY! Thanks for sharing Lana :)

• Elle 17th December 2012 at 10:29 am

So cool! And extremely simple! :)
    Love this “Christmas” idea! :)
    xx Elle

• Uutar 19th December 2012 at 10:23 pm

What a lovely snowflake necklace – many thanks for sharing this!

• Anonymous 23rd August 2013 at 2:16 am

Love this snowflake design simple but elegant will make these with the cancer hospice ladies they will like these keep adding more designs

• Lana Red 23rd August 2013 at 8:21 am

Thank you for your reply! And how great that your are going to make them! I would love to see the end results!

• Bluezlee 1st December 2013 at 10:17 pm

Hi, I’m from Italy.Your snowflake is really cool! It’s the first time that I hear about shrink plastic. Can you tell me where can I buy it? Is it simply to use? Thank you.

• Lana Red 12th January 2014 at 12:34 pm

Hi! Thank you for your comment! And how great that you want to use shrink plastic!
      There are many places to buy it. You can just googled ‘shrink plastic’ and you will get some links. And maybe if you search on the Italian google, there’s a change that you will find Italian online shops with lower shipping costs for you.
      You can also try Ebay, because they just sell everything!

Good luck!xx

• The Girl 3rd January 2014 at 9:58 pm

Quick question! The first one pictured looks so much thicker than the shrink paper one. What is it made of?

• Lana Red 12th January 2014 at 12:37 pm

The necklace in every picture is the same, so maybe it looks thinner on the picture?
      I don’t know if you ever used shrink paper before, but the magical part about it, is that it shrinks in size and the amount that it shrinks, it adds in thickness. So the picture where I show how to cut a hole in it, shows the plastic before it gains it’s ‘thickness’.
      I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions!xx