DIY | Painted Mugs

DIY | Painted Mugs

create an animated gif
I have seen so much pretty hand painted mug projects on Pinterest that I really wanted to try it for myself. And I must say that it’s a lot of fun!
It’s also very easyand inexpensive, which makes it even better!
And now every time that I see someone drink from my own designed and crafted mugs, it gives me that proud feeling :)

DIY:
 DIY | Painted Mugs
Take a plain mug. (I bought mine at the eurostore).
Decide which kind of ceramic marker you want to use. We have a different selection of ceramic markers here in Holland, so I think it’s best to just go to your local craftstore and see what they have. The marker that I used is a black ceramic marker that is also dishwasher proof.
DIY | Painted Mugs
Start getting creative! Just draw anything you like on them with the marker. The marker I used could also be removed with a wet napkin during the drawing process, so I could easily fix any mistakes I made.
Then just put your mugs in the oven according to the instructions on the marker.

All done!
DIY | Painted Mugs

• Anna Evers 13th December 2012 at 7:21 pm

in love with your drawings … it has a style that reminds me of Scandinavian illustrators … gorgeous!

a n n a · e v e r s

• Lana Red 22nd December 2012 at 10:36 am

Thank you! I have been looking for a particular style to draw lately to practice my drawing skills, and I never knew how I could find drawings in the style that I am interested in for inspiration. (besides a lot of searching on etsy and pinterest)

So after I read your comment, I googled scandinavian illustrators and found exactly what I was looking for! Thank you!

• Dat Zit Wel Snor 13th December 2012 at 7:33 pm

Lijkt me heel leuk om te doen :D

• Erica 13th December 2012 at 7:35 pm

These are a lot of fun! I just love your little drawings, especially the windmill. :)

• caty 13th December 2012 at 7:37 pm

lovely. heerlijk

• Anonymous 13th December 2012 at 8:17 pm

I can hardly wait to try these! (The product description says to avoid putting on surfaces that will come in contact with food. I wouldn’t draw too close to the rim of a mug because you don’t want to end up eating the finish.)

• Lana Red 22nd December 2012 at 10:37 am

My ceramic marker didn’t mention anything like that, so I think it depends on which marker you use. But avoiding the rim is a good idea :)

• Sophie 13th December 2012 at 9:18 pm

I made some for my friend as a christmaspresent and I draw the silhouettes from Alice in wonderland on it. But I definitly will do some with a kind of your design, it looks so pretty :)

greetings from germany
    Sophie :)

• kiosc 14th December 2012 at 3:53 pm

so sweet !! Great idea and a lot of fun :)

• Emu 14th December 2012 at 5:04 pm

Emus Upcycled Gifts is nominating you for the Liebster Blog Award http://emusupcycledgifts.wordpress.com/2012/12/13/nominated-for-the-liebster-award/ whether you choose to participate or not (and for the “rules”), please know that I have found much inspiration from your blog.

• Jennah 15th December 2012 at 1:28 am

Love love love these!

J

• Kathie 15th December 2012 at 3:33 pm

Oooh I LOVE these mugs!

• Ashley 15th December 2012 at 6:31 pm

love the mugs! so cute :)

• Jennah 19th December 2012 at 6:24 pm

Hi Lana! I recently found your blog and am now a fan&follower :) These coffee cups where so cute and saved me from the agony that was planning my sister-in-laws Xmas gift! I made a post at http://lipstickandawhitetee.blogspot.com/2012/12/19th-diy-paris-cappuccino-cups.html, and credited you of course :)

Have a lovely Christmas back in Europe! No snow here in San Francisco Bay… :(

J

• Lana Red 22nd December 2012 at 10:40 am

Hi! I just love it when someone shows me how they used my tutorial! I love your mugs and the Paris theme looks great! Thank you for linking back to me!

Happy holidays! And no snow in Holland either… :(

x

• Jennah 24th December 2012 at 6:16 pm

Your mugs look so great, could not resist :)

Oh :( I hear they have a massive amount of snow in Finland already (we don’t have a white Christmas too often), and now there’s a snowstorm, when everyone is driving around :S

Keep up your amazing work!

J

• Emily 20th December 2012 at 11:16 am

I love these so much! Your illustrating is beautiful!

• Jennah 6th January 2013 at 9:39 pm

Hi again! I’ve given you some link love at http://lipstickandawhitetee.blogspot.com/2012/12/favorite-diys-from-2012.html, since your DIY was one of my Top 10 DIYs from other bloggers :)

J

• Lana Red 12th January 2013 at 2:34 pm

Thank you for the link love! Your list is great!

• Pienkel 19th June 2013 at 8:15 am

Cute mugs! I’ll try it out with the kids this summer, looks like less mess than the Hema-DIY-mug-painting-sets we’ve tried before… Where did you buy your marker? Living at Terschelling I quite depend on online shops for crafting materials. I’ll let you know when it’s tried and blogged about :-)

pienkel.blogspot.com

• Lana Red 28th June 2013 at 3:12 pm

Hi Pienkel!

I bought mine at Pipoos. And I think they also deliver!

Good luck!