RECIPE | Pumpkin Soup
So, you probably have noticed that there are a lot of pumpkin recipe’s on this blog, and you’re thinking: really, another pumpkin recipe?!
Well, yes! This is yet another delicious pumpkin recipe, and no I am not addicted to them :)
There is a simple explanation for it: my boyfriend has been growing pumpkins in our garden for the very first time and they turned out to be huge! (You can see the picture below, with the cat next to it just to show you how big they are)
We really didn’t want to throw any leftovers away, so I decided to just make anything possible out of them.
Today I am sharing my boyfriends pumpkin soup recipe with you, I really love it and it has definitely become my favorite soup.
And I know that pumpkins are a bit out of season, so if you don’t own any of these huge babies in your garden, then you can also of course just buy some canned pumpkin :)
– 2kg pumpkin
– 1 large union
– 3 cloves of garlic
– 1 piece of ginger that’s about 4 cm’s
– 1 potato
– 6 drops of Tabasco (or more if you prefer a spicy soup)
– 3 tablespoons of olive oil
– 1 cube vegetalbe stock, shredded
– 200 – 500 ml water (dependend on the moisture of the pumpkin)
– 100 ml milk
a large pan
– Cut the pumpkin, union and potato into small cubes.
– Finely chop the garlic and ginger.
– Prepare the pan with olive oil on a medium heat.
– When the oil is hot, add the union, garlic and ginger. Stir for about three minutes.
– Now add the vegetable stock, pumpkin and potato and also add a part of the water making sure that all the vegetables are in a layer of water on the bottom.(this will be about 1/5 of the pan filled with water)
– Turn the heat down and let it cook for about 15 minutes with the lid on the pan. (During these 15 minute, always make sure that there’s still water in the pan so the vegetables can be cooked properly)
– After 15 minutes, remove the pan from the fire and blend everything with the blender.
– Place the pan back on the heat and add the milk and tabasco to the soup.
– Add salt and pepper to taste.