UPCYCLING DIY | Chandelier Necklace

UPCYCLING DIY | Chandelier Necklace

UPCYCLING DIY | Chandelier Necklace
I found a couple of these chandelier pendants at the thrift store and immediately felt a new DIY project coming up!
I just love to repurpose things, and to give them a second live. And these beauties just seemed perfect for just that.

I decided to make two different tutorials for them, because I wanted to see if I could make two different necklaces with the same basis in just a few simple steps. And I must say that it worked out great! I am now the proud owner of two pretty new necklaces, and they are both suitable to wear with many different outfits.

Today I am showing you the first DIY, so be sure to check out the blog tomorrow to see part 2!

Here’s how:
1. Remove the wire and clean the pendant piece.
2. Choose a color of nail polish and apply it to one side of the pendant, let it dry.
3. Take a cue tip and some nail polish remover and remove any mistakes on the sides, to create a smooth even line.
4. Reapply the wire.

All Done!

• Dat Zit Wel Snor 1st March 2013 at 7:29 pm

I think it’s a nice idea. Is it possible to do it with a picture or a pattern?

• Lana Red 6th March 2013 at 8:28 pm

Thank you!
      And what do you mean with picture or pattern? Like applying it on the pendant?

• Laura (TLN) 2nd March 2013 at 12:39 am

I love it – so simple. :) Will need to hunt for a suitable chandelier pendant.

• Freak Geek of 3 Chic Geeks 2nd March 2013 at 8:48 am

Excellent idea! I think it would be even more of an interesting result if one were to use several nail polishes that are close to each other in color enough that if they were layered, they’d create a cool gradient effect… that would be so pretty!

• Lana Red 6th March 2013 at 8:29 pm

That is a really cool idea! I should definitely try that, thanks!

• Mackenzie 2nd March 2013 at 9:24 pm

So cute!! I’m obsessed with the trend of painting old rhinestones with nail polish…. this is even bigger and better!!

Mackenzie

• Tina Pippo 10th March 2013 at 5:45 pm

Wonderful tutorial! I loved the outcome!
    Great post!! I included it in my post Βόλτα στη Γειτονιά #25 :)
    Have a great week!!

• Lana Red 13th March 2013 at 8:20 pm

Thank you! And thank you for reblogging it!xx

• Beckie @ Infarrantly Creative 11th March 2013 at 11:58 am

Simple yet beautiful! I love the color you used for the pendant! Thanks for sharing Lana!

• Moonelighte 15th September 2013 at 4:09 am

Gorgeous! I am loving your tutorials! This necklace is so simple, which I think makes it even more eye catching. My love of stones caused this to catch my eye ;)

• Lana Red 12th January 2014 at 11:38 am

Thank you so much for liking my tutorials and for the comment! xx

• Shelagh 9th September 2017 at 9:27 am

Looks great. Will the nail polish last? Would it be worth putting a coat of some kind of sealant – id there anything you would recommend?

• Lana Red Author 9th September 2017 at 6:34 pm

The nail polish is still the same as the day that I applied it. But I can imagine that if it gets scratched somehow, it might get damaged. You can use a sealant as an extra protective layer, but I am unfortunately not very familiar with sealants on top of nail polish.
      I googled: “sealing nail polish jewelry” and found a few helpful links that way. Hopefully these might help you.
      Happy crafting! Lana x