RECIPE | Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Also a big fan of the yummy chewy cookies that they sell at “Subway” and Starbucks”? Well today is your lucky day, because today I will show you how to make them yourself!
The trick is to ‘freeze’ the dough before putting the cookies in the oven! I used the same technique for my cookie dough cupcakes recipe!
I made a peanut butter and chocolate chip version of the cookies, but you can of course play a little bit with the recipe to create your own favorite flavor!
Ingredients (makes 12 big cookies):
100g of Butter
100g of Peanut Butter
100g of Flour
100g of (Light)Brown Caster Sugar
75g of Chocolate (bar or chips)
1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp of Baking Soda
1/2 tsp of Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
– Chop the chocolate into chips
– Mix the butter, peanut butter and sugar smooth in a big bowl.
– Add the extract, egg, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix the ingredients.
– Add the flour.
– Use a spatula or spoon the mix the chocolate chips into the smooth mixture.
– Place the mixture into the freezer for about 15 minutes. Or in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
– Preheat the oven to 180 degreed.
– Take small bits of dough and place them on a oven tray with baking sheet.(for prettier cookies, roll the dough into small balls)
– Bake the cookies for 8 to 12 minutes, depending on the size of your oven and cookies.
– Let the cookies cool down a bit before moving them , because they tend to break at first.
This recipe is a mixture of recipes I found. My biggest inspiration was the fabulous Dutch food blog: Mijn Mixed Kitchen