RECIPE | Apple Tarte Tatin
For the dough
– Mix the ingredients for the dough together. Knead the dough with your hands and form a ball.
– Place the dough ball in the fridge for 20 to 30 minutes
– Peel the apples and remove the cores. Slice them into 8 wedges per apple
– Put the sugar into a pan and place it on a medium heat. Keep stirring the sugar until it has caramelized, add the butter and keep stirring.
– Pour the sugar and butter mixture into the springvorm.
– Place the apple parts on top of the sugar and butter mixture. Make sure that you cover the whole area.
– Take the dough out of the fridge and use a rolling pin to make a round surface. place this over the apples in the springform. Use the leftover dough and this all around the springform.(see image)
– Place the springform in the oven for 30 minutes.