Ok, here is some shocking news: I hate to cook. And to make it even worse: I am also not a big fan of fruit and vegetables…
Pfeww, there, I said it.
When I confess this to people, usually the responses are not very positive. I often get questions like: “but what do you eat?” Or: “how old are you?!”
The thing is that I made my peace with it a long time ago, and I really try to eat as healthy as possible. I make a breakfast smoothie every morning to get my daily fruits in a way that I actually like the taste.
And I am also very fortunate that my boyfriend likes to cook, so he makes sure that I get my daily amount of veggies.
But he has been working in Germany for the past two months, so not only did I miss him, I also missed his cooking!
The solution: Baking!
After a month of trying I finally found a solution to my problem: why not bake instead of cook? Because I looove to bake!
That is how I made this incredibly easy courgette chips recipe. It’s a perfectly healthy snack and so easy to make!
So, I am still learning and I obviously have to cook every once in a while, but this treat just makes it a whole lot better! I hope you enjoy it too, and won’t judge me too much for my cooking flaw;)
Recipe can be found below
Courgette Chips Recipe:
– 1 small Courgette
– 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
– 2 teaspoons of Salt
– Preheat your oven to 125 degrees celcius.
– Clean the courgette and use a cheese slicer or mandoline to slice the courgette in small slices. (if you don’t have a slicer or mandoline, try to slice small pieces with a sharp knife)
– Place the courgette slices between two pieces of paper kitchen towel and press to absorb the moist.
– Get a piece of baking paper and spread the slices over the surface. Use a brush or spoon to add a little bit of olive oil on the slices( it only needs a teeny tiny bit). Next sprinkle a small amount of salt over the courgette.
– Place the slices on the baking sheet in the oven en bake for about 45 minutes.
READ THIS: I noticed that it varies extremely on the size of the slices and the kind of oven to estimate the baking time. So I set my alarm for every 10 minutes to check if they didn’t burn, because they can burn pretty quickly!
– Let the chips cool down and eat them :)
** Make sure you store them in a closed container, because they get old pretty fast!
Love this, but Lana, this IS cooking. Baking IS cooking. Take pride in the fact that you cook, don’t put yourself down for not cooking, you are!!
Thank you so much for those kind words!! I will definitely consider it cooking from now on ;)