The weather seems to be changing so much lately that some days I’ve been wondering if it’s really summer :) There’s a heatwave going on right now here in New York City, but it was even less than a week ago when I was wearing my coat because of the rain during my road trip.
And trust me, it’s not hard to dress for this unpredictable weather and still look nice, you just have to know your basics:
– My first rule is to layer. This will make all the difference! I even choose to wear tights, because I get cold pretty fast (and they are just so pretty;)) And you can easily take them of when it get’s warmer.
– I always make sure that my dress or skirt is either not very flowy, or at least over the knee. You do not want that sudden blow of wind to show your nice undies :)
– Bring a coat! And I never mind doing that because I love coats! And I recommend trying to wear it in different ways, that’s why I added the bow for this outfit, to make it more original. But you can also add a nice scarf or even a belt to highlight your waist!
– Wear your hair up or in a ponytail. I don’t know about your hair, but mine get’s very frizzy when it’s humid. So to be prepared for different weather types I always put my hair up just to be safe.
– Just have fun! I keep seeing people go for their jeans and raincoat as soon as the weather changes, and I know that it’s comfy. But there really are different ways to still wear that pretty dress even when it’s raining :) Just remember the basics and you are good to go!
Coat by River Island | Dress by Burlington | Shoes by Van Haren | Tights by H&M | Glasses by Eyes+More | Bag is Vintage