Staying warm in a fashionable but inexpensive way? Yes! And if you go for pink like I did, than you can also look very cute on your way to your romantic Valentinesday date!
I kept seeing all these girls looking cute in their winter headbands and decided to follow their example, but in my own way of course :)
So I thrifted this old vintage pink sweater and turned it into my own fashionable braided headband.
I am so happy with how it turned out and it’s amazingly comfortable, because it’s still very stretchy!
1. Get an old sweater( be careful that the knit is not too big, because that will make it harder to sew)
2. Cut the sweater into 4 strands of 12 cm wide. ( I used the bottom part of the sweater, but you can also use the arms)
3. Fold the strand lengthwise and sew along the side. Repeat with all four strands.
4. Fold the sewn strands inside out and iron them flat (be very careful not to set the iron to hot!)
5. Braid them into a four strand braid. (I wanted to make a fours grand braid DIY, but found this one online which is already perfect:)
6. Sew the ends together and cut the excessive fabric.