DIY | Felt Christmas Ornaments

DIY | Felt Christmas Ornaments

I just love felt! It is such an easy material and it really seems to match with everything!

That is why I just couldn’t have a Christmas DIY Week without some cute felt ornaments :)

You can use any type of felt for this project and make the ornaments in your preferred size.

DIY:

MATERIALS
Free Printable Template
– Felt
– Filling
– Embroidery thread
– Large needle
– Pins
– Scissors

DIY | Felt Ornaments
STEP 1
– Download the Free Printable template to get the shapes in the right sizes.
– Print the printables and cut the shapes out.

DIY | Felt Ornaments

STEP 2
– Trace the shapes onto the fabric and cut them out. (make sure that you cut every shape twice for the front and the back).
– Take a piece of ribbon and place it double on top of the ornament between the two layers.

STEP 3
– Start stitching the two pieces fabric together using the ‘blanket stitch’.

DIY | Felt Ornaments

STEP 4
– When you’re almost finished stitching the two pieces together, fill the inside with some soft filling.
– Continue stitching the ornament until you made the full circle.

All done!
DIY | Felt Ornaments

• Gypsy in Jasper 19th December 2012 at 6:19 pm

These are great and so simple!! I love them. If my tree wasn’t already full, I’d be making a few of these tonight!!

• Lana Red 22nd December 2012 at 11:06 am

Thank you! And my tree is getting pretty full now as well :)

• cliffsandcanyons 9th December 2013 at 2:58 am

Adorable! I love felt too and these are just wonderful. What cute, classy, basic, festive shapes! (enough adjectives you think?)
    p.s. I love these SO much I am featuring them on my blog for a DIY ornament round-up. Come and see!

• Lana Red 12th January 2014 at 12:40 pm

Hi! Thank you so much for you lovely words and featuring my ornaments on your blog!
      I really appreciate it! (and congrats on the engagement!)
      xx

• Anonymous 29th January 2014 at 6:00 pm

Where did you find the felt with the printed design on them?

• Lana Red 29th January 2014 at 6:27 pm

I actually went to a local design furniture store and asked them what they did with their fabric samples. And they give a big box of leftovers to me. So these fabrics are actually made to turn into cushions and sofas. But I have seen similar fabrics at the bigger fabric stores in Holland.

• Anonymous 5th December 2014 at 7:08 pm

….and they don’t break into a million pieces when dropped or stored!