Because even though valentines day is a fun holiday, I do know a lot of people that don’t really celebrate it. So I think it’s time to change that, why not make it a heart shaped cookie kinda day!
You know, you can add love, by writing cute notes on the cookies for the ones you love, or just write your own name, who cares! Just as long as they are delicious!
And what do you know: I just happen to share this delicious cookie recipe on the blog today!
85g of Butter
100g of Sugar
150g of Flour
1 Pinch of Baking Powder
1 Pinch of Salt
1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
Decorating materials: I used frosting pens.
– Mix the butter and sugar together in a large bowl, until it’s smooth (I used a wooden spoon, but you can also use a mixer)
– Add the rest of the ingredients and knead it into a nice firm dough ball.
– Cover the bowl and place it in the fridge for at least an hour.
– Preheat the oven to 200 celsius.
– Take the dough out of the fridge and roll it out with a rolling pin on a floured surface.
– Use a heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out your cookie shapes. Place them on oven sheets and into the oven.
– Bake them in 8-12 minutes, depending on your oven and the thickness of the cookies.But wait, we are not done yet! The fun is only just starting: it’s decorating time!
– Grab those colorful icing pens or other fun decorations and start writing your love notes or go crazy and embrace your artsy side!
– Let the icing harden and share those cookies, (or just treat yourself for all the hard baking work;)
And can’t get enough of heart shaped cookies? Check out last years valentines day candy cookies!