DIY | Phone Case

DIY | Phone Case

DIY | Phone Case
My boyfriend just bought a new phone and needed a new phone case to go with it. So I promised him I would make him one. He really wanted it to have a simple design and no bold colors. I decided to use felt, since it’s affordable and if you use it in grey it gives it that modern manly vibe. I mixed the grey with some red on the inside, to make it more design and less boring :)

He’s really happy with it, and it was ridiculously easy to make!

Here’s how, if you want to make one yourself:
DIY | Phone Case
1. Get two different colors of felt, a scissor and some pins. Cut the felt in half, so the phone will fit more than twice in one piece.
2. Cut the pieces in the size of your phone + 1 cm all around.
3. Put the pieces on top of each other and put your phone in the middle.
4. Pin the sides with your phone still inside the felt pieces. Pin it pretty tight, because it will be a bit less tight when it’s sewn together.
5. Take your phone out and stitch the pinned parts.
6. Cut the felt about 2mm. from the stitched sides.

All done!
DIY | Phone Case DIY | Phone Case DIY | Phone Case DIY | Phone Case
 Pictures by Lana

• Charlotte Helle 29th July 2012 at 5:53 am

Love this! So simple. I want to make one for my Kindle. It’s perfect to embroider something pretty on! Maybe even some beads? I’m excited! Thanks for posting the tutorial!

• Lana Red 2nd August 2012 at 9:59 am

I would also love to use beads! Unfortunately my boyfriend wouldn’t be so excited ;) So I guess I’ll have to make one for me too!

• flower 30th July 2012 at 4:03 pm

Some people aren’t so bright, so you might want to add for their sake that they need to take the phone out before they stitch it. I’m sorry if this sounds pretty nasty, but it is sometimes necessary

• Lana Red 2nd August 2012 at 9:57 am

I get what you mean ;) I changed it now, so thanks!

• Seraphina´s Phantasie 17th August 2012 at 10:44 pm

Thank you very much for this clear instruction. Have a nice weekend !
    Best regards, Synnöve

• Jenni 17th August 2012 at 11:58 pm

This looks very manly! I love how your phone case turned out. Gray looks great with almost every color. :)

• Pam 19th August 2012 at 2:49 pm

I like the exposed seams and the simple design. I’ve just finished an iPhone case that’s a similar design to this, but it’s made from leather and felt.

• Eliza Thorne 24th August 2012 at 2:12 pm

This is such a simple and great idea! I just followed your directions and made an absolutely awesome one! Although when I made mine, I wanted the seams to be hidden, so I made the layout a little bigger than it needed to be and flipped it inside out! This is way better than spending all that money on a store bought iphone case. The best part about this is that you can get as creative as you want with these, and make a bold statement! Thanks again!

• Lana Red 2nd September 2012 at 9:43 am

Hi Eliza! How great that you made one to! And I agree, it is way better than spending all that money on one from a store. Have fun with yours! xoxo Lana

• Wanessa Moore 13th September 2012 at 5:29 pm

This post was featured on truecharismacrafts.blogspot.com
    Check it out!

• Lana Red 14th September 2012 at 9:04 am

Thank you so much for featuring me! Your blog looks great!

xx Lana

• Kate 13th January 2013 at 10:48 pm

Thank you very much for your tutorial! I have just made a case for my boyfriend and he loved it!! He said it was very elegant, and it is so simple to make!! Thank you!

• Lana Red 18th January 2013 at 2:41 pm

Thank you! And how great that used my tutorial!

• Eef 22nd September 2014 at 2:25 pm

Erg bedankt van je tutorial