DIY | Tidy Tights

DIY | Tidy Tights

Organising Tights Idea
I was cleaning out my closet and was very irritated by the fact that my tights didn’t fit anywhere in the closet. I keep my socks, underwear and stockings in separate boxes in my closet, but my tights just kept piling out of the box.
But suddenly I remembered all those tutorials on how to organize your jewelry and thought, why not use a similar method for my tights?!
I still had these wooden clothes pegs and found that they were just perfect for this project! I just simply glued the pegs to the side of my closet and used them to hang my tights on.
After I was finished with this project, I actually found some tights that I never wore, how amazing is that!
See below for the full tutorial.
Organising Tights Idea Organising Tights Idea
1. Get those tights.
2. Find some wooden clothes pegs.
3. Measure the side of your wardrobe, or wherever you want to hang your tights. Measure from the top
4. Draw a line on where you want the pegs to be.
5. Get your glue gun and glue the pegs to the closet or wall.
6. Let the glue dry.
** The glue gun is perfect for removing the pegs without leaving any stains, just as long as the surface underneath is smooth (no wallpaper,etc.)
Organising Tights Idea
Organising Tights Idea
Organising Tights Idea

• Kitty Cat Stevens 11th July 2012 at 4:01 am

this is so great! i have been looking for a simple way to store my tights and i think this is the winner! so glad i found your blog.

• Christine 14th July 2012 at 2:42 am

What an excellent idea! I think I might employ clothespins to finally hang up my pile of scarves and bandanas. Yea!

• Han 15th July 2012 at 6:00 pm

I wouldn’t have a wall big enough for all of my tights! I use a tie rack! :D Its not as photogenic but it works!!

• Athena at Minerva's Garden 21st July 2012 at 8:25 pm

This is such a clever idea, Lana–thank you for sharing it with us! My first time to your blog, and I like it!

• SianEmily 21st February 2013 at 2:56 pm

Just did this to my wardrobe this morning! LOVE IT!

• Lana Red 27th February 2013 at 5:36 pm

How great that you tried it out! I actually also use the idea now for my scarfs:)

• Heather 12th May 2013 at 3:10 pm

this will also work for the abundant amount of camis hanging in my closet or really on the floor haha

• Nikki Webb 11th June 2013 at 8:03 am

What a great idea! Gonna do this for my kids abundance of beanies, gloves and scarves.

• Lorraine 5th March 2014 at 7:50 am

Cute, but for anyone who doesn’t have room for this *see-em-at-a-glance* approach (which would be cool, but we don’t have room), you might try this: 1) SORT TIGHTS/HOSE INTO THREE TYPES, A) ONES WITH RUNS THAT CAN BE WORN WITH SLACKS, B) ONES WITH RUNS BUT THAT CAN BE WORN WITH BOOTS, C) ONES THAT CAN BE WORN WITH ANYTHING (no runs, or none that show), 2) FOLD EACH TYPE DIFFERENTLY: A) SLACK-WORTHY TIGHTS/HOSE CAN BE FOLDED IN HALF ONCE OR TWICE THEN TIED IN THE MIDDLE, B) BOOT-WORTHY HOSE/TIGHTS CAN BE FOLDED OVER ONCE OR TWICE AND TIED AT ONE END, C) STILL-LIKE-NEW TIGHTS CAN BE FOLDED OVER ONCE OR TWICE, THEN WRAPPED UP IN THE WAIST BAND TO FORM A BALL…… ./// Sort each type of fold into different bins if you have that many…….. /// SAME GOES FOR KNEE HIGH STOCKINGS: FOLD AND TIE FOR SLACKS, OR ROLL INTO A BALL FOR PAIRS W/NO RUNNERS…….

• Lana Red 11th March 2014 at 11:36 am

Wow! Now that is what I call organizing! Thank you for the tips & tricks!x

• Anonymous 27th April 2014 at 8:03 pm

I have been looking for someway to organize my overstock of tank tops. I think this would be a great idea. Will be trying this soon!

• Bettina W 29th April 2014 at 5:42 pm

Hi,
    I’m just wondering if the wooden cloth pins won’t pull short threads and cause ladders or runs. I suggest plastic cloth pins…
    Idea is great!

• Lana Red 28th July 2014 at 9:06 am

Hi Bettina! Pretty late respons, so sorry!! I never experienced the cloth pins to pull short treads. But if you are still a bit worried, you can put a little bit of clear nail polish on the inside of the pins, this will definitely prevent them from causing ladders or run!. Have a lovely day!xx

• Bettina W 29th April 2014 at 5:43 pm

This comment has been removed by the author.

• Maria 6th October 2015 at 11:05 pm

I rent my apartment and was wondering when removing will it leave any markings? and did you say you use the hot glue gun to get the clothes pins off? Thanks in advance

• Lana Red Author 8th October 2015 at 3:44 pm

Hi Maria,
      The glue gun didn’t leave any markings on my wall, but since you are renting I can’t promise anything. To remove it, I simply pulled them off.
      x Lana

• Gina 9th November 2015 at 4:12 pm

I was going to do this but then decided on using shower curtain rings on a hanger and this has worked just as good too. I have 2 hangers full of my scarves and tights and cleared up space – love the fab ideas everyone has xx

• Lana Red Author 10th November 2015 at 10:57 pm

Hi Gina,

That is also a very clever idea, thanks for sharing! It’s also good to hear that it worked for you. xx Lana