Here is a fun and ridiculously easy tutorial for you about making your own pretty ring! The hardest part is actually to find the perfect spoon.
No you didn’t read it wrong, I did say: spoon. This ring is gonna be made from the backpart of a spoon! (or fork, knife, etc.)
Here’s the tutorial:
1. Get your supplies: Spoon/fork ; scissors ; piece of paper ; metal file ; metal saw ; (And not shown in the picture:) a pair of pincers to bend the spoon.
2. Cut a strip of paper and fold it around your finger. Cut it in the size you want your ring to be.
3. Place the piece of paper next to the spoon/fork. Draw a line on the spoon/fork where you’ll want it to be cut.
4. Saw the spoon.
5. File the spoon/fork to get rid of the sharp edges.
From this part on I was to excited about the end result that I forgot to take pictures.. I’m very sorry!
6. Take two pincers and bend the spoon/fork in the shape you want the ring to be.
**I also did a second ring made from a vintage fork, and changed the design of the ring a bit. Curious? Keep an eye on my blog tomorrow!
ohhhh….. such a beauty…
nice ring with beautiful girl…..
visit MastVid.com for collection of coolest videos on the internet
me gusto la idea. muy lindo!!
I did it !! (It was really hard to bend the fork)
I found the firt name “René” signed above.. My old lover. ;)
If you want to approve it : :)
It looks great! I love the engraved name! Thank you for using my tutorial! xx
Thank you too !! You’re blog is cool and nice !! You’ve a french fan !! :)
I’ve been wanting a ring like this for a looong time, but ETSY is super expensive sometimes, so I saw this tutorial, today, and since that it took me about 15 minutes, LITERALLY to have my precious accesory, for $0.00, I had every single thing I needed right in home, so, GIVE IT A TRY!, it is so easy. All my loving.
How great that you used the tutorial! Have fun with your lovely new accessory!
Now does the spoon have to be sterling silver?? Or can it be stainless???
I actually used just a regular stainless spoon, but it is much harder to bend(but as you can see, it does work:))