When moving to NYC I realized that the only bathrobe I owned was pretty heavy for traveling and not very suitable for summer. And I always wanted to make a nice robe, but it just seemed unnecessary, since I had a nice one already.
So my trip gave me the perfect opportunity to finally make one! I found this nice affordable stretchy fabric in a fabric store and immediately fell in love with the subtle color (and it feels very soft and smooth:))
Fabric | Ribbon | Sewing machine | Big sweater | Scissors
1. Place your fabric on a flat surface and fold the outsides to the middle. Place a big sweater on the fabric as a guide.
2. Pin one side of the fabric along the lines of the sweater.
3. Cut the excessive fabric away.
4. Fold the fabric.
5. Repeat step 2 and 3 on the left side of your robe.
6. Stitch all the pinned parts together.
7. (optional) take a long strip of fabric and fold it vertically together. Sew along the outside line and fold the strip inside out.
8. Take two long pieces of ribbon and sew them on one side together.
9. Fold the sewn ribbon over the edge of the robe, and sew along the outside parts of the robe.
10. Use some leftover ribbon for the waistband loops.
i love this! must make myself one. what sort of fabric did you use?
Sorry to respond so late:) I don’t really know what the fabric is called, but it’s s stretchy fabric that stretches all around, like a bathing suit fabric, but softer.
Hope this helps!
I was browsing the net for a DIY bath robe and this was exactly what I was looking for. I can’t wait to get started…thanks for sharing. (^_^)
Your welcome! And please let me know how yours turned out!
How much fabric did you use?
I used about 250 by 200 centimeters.
The design of bathrobe is superb. Love it.
Find the most comfortable and fashionable bathrobe for women. Cotton bathrobes offer long-lasting value in a variety of knit and flannel fabrics for every season and style
Shop for Royal Air Rich Towels and other quality products. Shop with confidence with Trident Group. The technologically advanced towel is woven of a specially engineered yarn for air creation.
Thanks so much for the tutorial! I made mine off of this post in about 2 and a half hours, and the only thing I changed was to make it floor length. It’s gorgeous and I feel like a Queen! thanks again :)
Hi Elizabeth! How wonderful that you made one, and so fast!! Making it floor length is also such a great idea, I also always feel very queenlike in mine, wandering the house in my robe all day seems more allowed when you are royalty ;)
Simple, elegant, LOVEit! Thanks for sharing. Exactly what I was looking for!