Meet my new favourite breakfast recipe: easy peasy banana pancakes!
I am a real sweet craving breakfast person. When I was young I would only eat cocopuffs for breakfast (still my favourite food in the world!). But now that I am older and can’t get away with that much chocolate, sugar and other probably unhealthy ingredients every morning, I have been looking for alternatives.
My two main demands for a breakfast recipe are:
– It needs to involve fruit (because I am a 5 year old when it comes to fruit and vegetables and mixing it in with my breakfast really helps me to get my daily dose of vitamins)
– Sweetness is crucial. If it doesn’t crave my sweet tooth in a healthy way, I will start to cheat at the end of the morning and eat something unhealthy.
Now that I have told you my embarrassing crazy food demands, onto some good news: I have found the perfect breakfast recipe that involves everything on my list and more! (After my breakfast smoothie recipe, I have been looking for an alternative to mix my mornings up a bit.)
This banana pancake recipe is incredibly easy to make and it only needs two ingredients!
You can make as many as you like to fill you up and you can add a little bit of cinnamon if you are feeling crazy;)
*Optional ingredients: Butter, Cinnamon
– Skillet Pan
– Cut half a banana in slices and place them in the bowl.
– Add the egg to the bowl.
– Use your fork to mash the banana and mix it with the egg.
– Pour the banana and egg mixture in a heated skillet. (you can melt a little bit of butter to bake the pancakes or use a nonstick pan)
– Bake the pancakes on one side.
– Use your spatially to carefully flip* the pancake and bake the other side.
* Flipping the pancakes is a little bit more trickier than regular pancakes because of the structure. The smaller the pancakes, the easier they will be to flip.
– Serve the pancakes on a plate with the leftover banana sliced in small pieces.
* Add cinnamon for a real taste explosion!